We bring pet lovers together
for meaningful work.
Find the role that's right for you.
To apply to join our team of Dog Walkers,
send your resume and availability to email@example.com.
Are you a pet fanatic looking for a dream part-time job?
This is a part-time dog walker position in northwest Chicago that's ideal for a pet fanatic who wants to spend their day with animals and be part of a great and growing team. Our reputation and success lies in our exceptional staff and our commitment to improving quality of life for pets and their people.
If you are...
• Obsessed with animals and genuinely love being in their presence
• Local to the northwest Chicago area (including NW Chi neighborhoods, Niles, Morton Grove, and Lincolnwood)
• Comfortable around dogs of all different breeds, sizes, and temperaments
• Already familiar or interested in learning basic training and leash handling techniques for better walks and happier pets
• Super detail-oriented and able to "check all the boxes" like a rock star every time
• Customer-service oriented and genuinely committed to creating a great customer experience for pet parents
• Comfortable with smart phone apps and taking pictures (for pet report cards)
• A great communicator, both with customers and fellow team members
• Able to lift up to 40lbs and walk 10+ miles a day in any weather condition
• Able to commit for at least 12months (the dogs get attached!)
• Able to get between customer homes quickly (personal transportation)
And would love to...
•Take on all types of assignments (dog walking, backyard play, cat care, etc) within the standard M-F 10am-4pm walking hours, as well as optional evenings/weekends/vacation care
• Ensure safety of the pets and people around you
• Drive/walk in inclement weather... because even in severe weather, raining, or snowing, dogs need to go out!
• Take responsibility for client home security, including navigating various security systems, lock boxes, and key security
• Be exceptionally time-conscious, managing your daily route including service and transit times between services
• Be coachable and respond positively to support from management and other team members
• Support of a team of pet lovers
• Competitive industry hourly pay
• Pet First Aid/CPR Certification
• Online and in-person training (all paid)
• Paid Sick Leave and PTO
• Travel/phone reimbursement
• Service tips
At Swooft, our mission is to improve the quality of life for pets and their people. We do this by:
• Hiring the best staff, who are fully screened, qualified, and trained
• Offering our staff competitive pay, benefits, and a rewarding work environment
• Providing continual personal and professional development for our staff
• Offering clients consistency in coverage for pet visits to create a bond between our staff and their pets
• Being professional and exceptional in all that we do
We specialize in daily dog walking, vacation care, and cat care—all of the ways pet owners need to be able to rely on someone when it comes to the daily care of their pets. Rather than a pet service based primarily on convenience, where the quality of staff may be inconsistent, we pride ourselves on each individual who makes up this team. We also strive to build community, both within Team Swooft and among the greater Chicago area pet community.
Diversity is not a buzzword for us, but rather a core value and contributor to the strength of our team. We celebrate our many differences and believe we are better pet care providers, professionals, and people, as a result of this philosophy being put into practice. To that end, Swooft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we select, place, train, and promote the most qualified team members based on relevant factors such as experience, work quality, attitude, and availability. We do not consider race, color, religion, age, gender identification, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, veteran status, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, genetic information, order of protection status, status as a victim or perceived victim of domestic or sexual violence, status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or any other proscribed factor in our hiring, salary/wage, promotion, or termination decisions, in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Illinois Human Rights Act, and applicable local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Swooft. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Curious to know what it's like to work with Swooft? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!